This MixLuv / UPA joint venture is really about a Collective of top NYC & Boston producers, musicians, and engineers who have come together around Media convergence and storytelling. Collectively we are working on a series of releases which seek to create transformative new media experiences – utilizing sound, movement, interactive video, video mapping, and other various media. UPA (Underground Producers Alliance) provides professional music production and artist development bootcamp led by renowned innovators. MixLuv is an online music collaboration & career development community which provides musicians, songwriters, and producers the ability to meet, collaborate, and manage their world of music online.
Together – MixLuv and UPA are bringing together this all-star line-up of talent.
Collectively, this group of artists boast the following:
- 5 Grammy nominations
- Movies placements: Black Hawk Down, The Fountain, Black Swan, The Wrestler, A Late Quartet, The Return
- Awards: Sundance Composers Lab Fellowship, National Endowment of the Arts grant, Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame
- Commissions: The Lincoln Center Festival, Carnegie Hall, Kronos Quartet, Ethel, The Kitchen
- Artists Worked With: Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Prince, Rihanna, The Roots, Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Mavado, Baby Cham, Chronixx, Vybz Kartel, Cipha Sounds, Ricky Blaze, Jungle Brothers, Vernon Reid, Salif Keita, Bjork, Cypress Hill, Sex Mob, DJ Logic, Leonard Bernstein, London Symphony Orchestra, Michael Tilson-Thomas, SF Symphony Orchestra, Bobby McFerrin, Chris Brown, DJ Premiere, Chucho Valdez, Mike Ladd, Celia Cruz, Patti Labelle, Guru, Musiq Soulchild, Natalie Cole, Groove Collective, Melissa Manchester, Medeski, Martin and Wood,, DJ Nicodemus, Amanda Holley, and many many many more…
- Taught At: NYU, Royal Academy of Music, UC San Diego, Emerson College, The New School, University of Cairo, Uninorte (Colombia), Unam (Mexico), and Dubspot – to name a few.
Juma Sultan (of Gypsy Sun & Rainbows / Band of Gypsys). Bio: http://www.upa.nyc/bios/juma-s
ultan/ Currently, developing a documentary based around over 1500 hours of audio & video content from the 60’s, 70’s, and early 80’s NYC avente-garde jazz scene.